9/18/08

3:40PM Sunday-3:40AM Thursday

"Let there be Light!" Finally. We have been some of the lucky ones that have been without power since Sunday afternoon somewhere around 3:40PM. This morning at 3:40AM the lights came back on. Its been a pain in the neck but I really can't complain. I've been off work all week including today which means having power at home and not having to work so that is a great bonus. I've been trying to record our time without lights in pictures so I could blog about it. Here are bits and pieces of how its gone for us...
Our neighbors actually had much more damage than us.
Since we only have a couple of trees in our yard, this is all our damage amounted to.
Spirit was sad about the electric and phone line situation.
One of our finely grilled meals in process.
We finally found some friends with power and headed over there for a TV fix.
We loaded up our electronics to charge them up too.
But in the end, Spirit just wanted to use the cool swing and hanging broomstick outside.
Spirit with her buddy Lyric.



Woah, she loves this but it gives me a bit of a heart attack.
All in all we had a ball but are so thankful for the power to come back on!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're OK and were able to find light somewhere!

Shannon said...

I have never heard of another girl named Braxtyn untill today! I don't know about you , but I got some very strange looks at first when people would ask me what I was going to name her. I think now everyone agrees with me that I she couldn't have been named anything else her name just fits her. Your Braxtyn is a doll!

Shannon said...

Same as you the Y seemed more femine to me. Speaking of grandparents my mother-n-law wouldn't call her by her name while I was still carrying her she called her baby girl. It wasn't untill I received a diaper bag with Braxtyn's name on it from her that I felt she had finally come to peace with it:) It's funny I get the same reaction from people who ask me her name they either love it or I get that ahhh! I love the name so it doesn't bother me a bit.

Shannon said...

I wanted to let you know I changed my blog address to mylovetimesthree in case it want let you on. I'm new to this and I really didn't want out last name on the same page as our kids. That way we can see how our Braxtyn's are doing from time to time.