12/6/08

Ok, ok Mommy, let's Talk

As I was driving us home last night, little Spirit from the back in the dark said, "Ok, ok Mommy, let's talk." I said sure! (She will periodically say, "let's talk" and then rattle off some 3 1/2 year old conversation that may or may not relate to anything going on at the time but apparently is something going on in her head. Anyways, She proceeded to tell me: "Mommy's and Daddy's should not give spankings because kids don't like spankings, so you shouldn't give spankings." I thought this was hysterical because she had had a really good evening and was not in trouble at all. So I explained to her that little kids aren't supossed to like spankings they are to help make them listen to their mommy's and daddy's. She again stated very matter of factly that kids don't like them so parents should stop. I told her that I too had not liked being spanked but that it made me remember to listen to my parents when I was little. I asked her what she could do different to stop getting spanked. Then I tried to lead her to the point of doing what your parents ask you to the first time and you don't have to get spanked. She apparently cannot fathom this part of the equation yet because she changed the subject and would not put herself in the senario of obeying so she didn't have to get spanked. :)

Someone told me the other day that she has the strongest will of any child they have ever met. Which I laughed off and thought well they don't even work with children. But then I forgot, oh, they did for about 10 years at a dance studio they owned. :) Don't worry folks. I take that as a complement. Because while it may or may not be true, (the est part at the end of strong, I have no doubt she has a strong will), God has an amazing plan for her life that some more compliant type personalities would not be able to complete. I can't wait to see what he has in store!

3 comments:

Welcome to Encourage MeNews! said...

Too funny! She does think and analyze it all, doesn't she? Some other words for strong willed are stubborn, immovable, persistent,tenacious and persevering. All of which will serve her well as she seeks her path in life, finding just the right husband, and of course most importantly, staying on course with her faith! No one will ever be able to talk her out of her Jesus! She will be immovable!

Love,
Granci

Mandy said...

Oh my! I am not sure if B and T should ever meet again! They would either LOVE each other because they are so very much alike or they would dislike each other wiht a passion for the exact same reason! :)

drmacab97 said...

Yep, love all personalities...pretty sure that's why God created them all, we need them all in this big world. :) C & I had a similar conversation...totally reminded me that I need to blog it.