4/4/08

We Dida Ikea!

I went to Ikea with a friend the other day. Wow. We have one close to us that just opened and made the trek down there with my girl. Who was really, really good. She wandered around with us for about an hour and really seemed to enjoy herself. She listened pretty well and stayed with us. Oh, wait, let me back up, we stopped and got the breakfast (a huge plate of food for only .99!!!) in the cafe and I stupidly let her hold the little jug of milk. She promptly took it and with a big smile on her face, threw it up in the air and did not catch it. It broke and spilled all over the floor. So after the poor Ikea guy had to mop up my girl's milk we wandered around.


It is an amazing place. Just HUGE and some really cool things are there. They have a play place for children that you can have your kids play while you shop. B and I both decided we would try it out after talking it over and she was getting bored. It looked pretty cool. We got up there and found out that she was about 3 inches too short. Poor girl she was soooooo sad. Luckily I had put her little portable DVD player in my purse. My friend and I pulled some pillows off the racks and lined a cart then let her lay in there and watch Veggie Tales. Unfortunately, due to the fact that she broke my camera, I couldn't get any snapshots. However, my friend took a few with her phone. Sorry they aren't the greatest but they make me smile!

PS For those of you raising or those of you who raised a Spirited or Strong willed kid. I just want to report that it is past 11PM and my child is not alseep. Why you may ask? Because I took her to a playplace and let her play for 2 1/2 hours while I did some paperwork. So she is sooooooooo tired. Now those of you who haven't experienced my world would think, so why isn't she sleeping? Well, its because she is very, very overtired and overstimulated and its ALL MY FAULT! I knew better. But she was doing so good and having such a good time. I should have come home sooner to give her more time in between play and bed to unwind. So now she's been in bed over two hours and still isn't down. But hey, live and learn. Again.
Signing off for now.
Spirit's Mom :)

No comments: