3/5/08

Addendum to Today's Post

And the temper tantrums. This evening I took her to the YMCA with me where she played in the childcare room. She likes this once she is in there for 30 seconds and really enjoys it. We left and I told her we were going to get ice cream for a special treat on the way home (you know because I worked out, so why not have ice cream?--I was going to get a low cal one for real, Cold Stone has a great Sorbet.) Anyway, we stopped in Children's Orchard for a minute because they have a sale going on. B likes going in there because there are some toys she can play with. However, after her having 2 temper tantrums in the store for no particular reason, I picked her up and we left. I informed her as I strapped her in that we were not stopping for ice cream on the way home because of how she had acted in the store and gave her specific details on what behaviors were not acceptable. The shrillness of her voice screaming for ice cream was uncanny. Never have I heard her scream words this loud and in this pitch. It was a great one. I just kept calmly reminding her what the problem was as she got louder and more shrill. Then at one point she very, very pitifully saying to me, "That make me so happy momma." Refering to her special treat of ice cream. Oh my goodness that broke my heart. Not enough to change my mind but it pulled at my heart strings for sure. So the tantrum lasted about 15 minutes by the time I finally made her get in the bathtub. Water seems to soothe her. Oh yeah, and she also peed her pants in her carseat on the way home as well--which she does from time to time when she is sooooo mad. Nice, very nice. I did put a sweet girl to bed so all's well that ends well. Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to hang tough Mom! I couldn't be prouder of your persistence in discipline! cld