3/27/08

Take a Deep Breath Everyone, JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!!

So let's see, this may be one long post but the past couple of days have been a little crazy. Life in general and with the girl. Shew. So I've been trying to tell her to take deep breaths and myself and well, I guess its working, I feel better now. :) So here we go, hold onto your hats!



Let's start with yesterday morning. I woke up with B in our bed as usual. Because yes, she continues to end up there sometime in the wee hours of the morning. Someday, someday we will get her a real big girl bed and start working on all that. But that brings me to my next point. The evening before we started to figure out that the people who are suppossed to be buying our old house on contract are just not going to hold their end of the deal up. I mean, they've been lacking in the payment department since about 2 weeks into it but now are officially in default with not a lot of explanation and blah, blah, blah but that was how I started my morning. B in my bed (oh yeah, once we get some extra cash we will be buying a bed but you see we are short on cash BECAUSE THE FREAKING PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSSED TO BE PAYING US FOR OUR HOUSE ARE NOT!!!). Ok, deep breath, deeeeeep breath. That "freaking" was for you Debbie H. Such a nice word in my vocab... Ok, ok, on with the day... B in my bed and trying to figure out what in the world to do with my biggest investment in life and if I need to get a job, etc., etc..


In the meantime I had some items to ship for my addiction, aka eBay, and was researching eviction letters, etc. Against my way better judgement I let my girl play with some playdough while I drank coffee, packed packages and researched letters on the internet. Now let's take a moment to pause here. My very dear and best friend in the whole world has a little girl 3 1/2 months younger than B. She's not what you would call "Spirited", she is what you would call an "angel baby". Our girls are pals (well we like to think that and pray they will truly be friends one day) and my friend tells me about all her playdough time and how much she LOVES it and how her daughter loves it and she doesn't understand why people think its so messy, etc. Now, is it the what the Angel vs. Spirited does with playdough? Yeah, I think it is. BUT I ALSO FREAKING THINK LOSING MY MIND AND HAVING MY DAUGHTER PLAY WITH IT 3 INCHES FROM WHITE CARPET MAY HAVE A FACTOR IN WHY I AM SO BOTHERED WITH PLAYDOUGH NOW. Maybe. She was chatting away to me about what she was making and kept bringing me her cookie sheet and things she was making. I was aware that little bits were falling on the carpet but was sure that my dear friend was indeed right--they vacuum right up. Well guess what friend??? When your daughter has decided to rub her feet on the carpet with red homemade (that's with red food coloring folks) playdough underneath her feet and on top of the really nice 70's shag carpet while saying, "My feet itch momma!" over and over and it takes you about 30 seconds to look up and see that she is grinding it in the carpet because you are only half way through a cup of coffee and not quite awake and bothered with what is going on in your life at the moment, well, let's just say, playdough does not vacuum up so easily. We are left with a faint pink spot for those interested, I'm sure I can get it up with some cleaner. Sigh


Well, that was about 9am or so. We hung around for a while while I tried to get things sorted out and my eBaying done. Oh and tried to get my stiff back moving. Did I mention I threw my back out? That was monday afternoon. Playing basketball at the Y with my husband and two jr. high boys. Yeah, we won but something happened when I stutter stepped and oh dear, that old back that nags me most of the time went from nagging to serious, serious pain. Now I'm no weanie, I played Volleyball on a broken ankle in high school for example so I have a pretty high pain tolerance. But darn that back. Its much much better I have to say. Much. And yes, mom and dad, I will be going to the Chiropractor soon. I should have already gone but have a few other things going on. So back to my day and away from my back. Haha... We took some things to R at the office and B got some Jelly Beans. She was playing with them in this jar thing and it was time to go so I tried to get her to take the beans out so she could take them with her but she was convinced I was taking them and threw a huge fit and could not pull it together so we left. All the way home she SCREAMED about those stupid jelly beans that I was going to let her have in the first place but no, not now. No way. She was out of control screaming and thrashing in her car seat and then, she peed her pants. I LOVE the peeing pants tantrums. Love them.
So I took peeing, screaming girl inside and threw her, well not really, got her in the tub. Water always calms her down and is something I read to help Spirited kids when they have lost control. Well and the fact that she had peed all over herself. I felt like a bath was in order. I got her some lunch and thought for sure, for sure she would take a good long nap and I could take a deep breath. But seriously, I have parented this kid for almost 3 years. I don't know what I was thinking. She was so keyed up from all of this that there was no way she was going to sleep. So I spent the afternoon with a no nap, overstimulated, Spirited girl. Now when I say I spent the afternoon, that clearly means that I turned on Noggin and let her mindlessly watch the TV until R got home. There was no way I was going to mess with anything else with her. Oh yeah, and I got all the playdough cleaned up during that time too.


The rest of the evening I've either blocked out or wasn't as bad as the first half. She did pose for these pics before we headed to the Y to work out. Do you like that purse? That's an eBay nightmare I tell ya but I'll have to post about it another time. Just so you know, its not authentic--I don't buy Louis Vuitton purses on a regular basis--esp. the real ones.

Then she had a horrible night with night terrors and screaming and thrashing in her sleep which often happens on no nap days. And today was a new day when we got up. We have a standing visit with my small group mom's on Thursdays and today we headed to the play area at the Y. She was a little more Spirited than usual but nothing like the day before. There was one really fun thing that happened today. Fun in my realm of, "Oh good, now I have a fun blog story." But I'm going to have a little contest before I let you know what that was. The prize will be something very very special that does not sell on eBay. That's right, I'd love to buy a gift card but if you remember THE PEOPLE SUPPOSSED TO BE BUYING OUR HOUSE... oh never mind, deep breath, deep breath... So I'll take something from my eBay stash, there are some cool things in there, and it will be a fun surprise! Leave a comment and guess what in the world this picture is and I'll let you know the story behind it soon... So take a deep breath and give a guess!

PS To those of you asking about what part of the picture to guess about... Come on now! This is a contest! I can't give any hints... That will make your cool eBay reject prize all the more valuable!


16 comments:

drmacab97 said...

It's something to do with the bath...but I'll have to think on it and get back with ya.

drmacab97 said...

Ok, ok...it's shaving cream...that she has climbed up and gotten by herself and then she shaved her legs with it.

Anonymous said...

It's either wet t.p. or wet tissues in the bathtub. If I'm right, you have to give it to me because NO ONE could ever guess which of the two it really is.
LOVING! your blog!

Heather said...

It looks like a cottony substance...as in maybe the stuffing from a stuffed animal or doll, or maybe the stuffing out of a pillow or fabric furniture. So, I'm going to say it's stuffing.

cmcguck said...

For starters, as I'm reading the saga of your life, I can just hear your voice relaying the story. :)Ugghh! I originally thought the picture looked like cotton balls, but when I enlarged it, I'm going to go with mousse. Are we just looking at the white blobs, or is what the whiteb blobs on important?

Unknown said...

Ok. I agree with cmcguck, what exactly are we looking at? Is it the entire pic or just the stuff on top of the stuff underneath too?? As of right now I would guess that it is some type of cotton she tried to clean her ears out with. If the enitre picture is what you are asking then I am going to say that it is a cleaning sponge with the insides torn out.

Anonymous said...

My guess is: bubble wrap covered with well this is wild looks like freezer defrosting stuff. Or did R. wrap snow icecream in bubble wrap and put it in the freezer?
--GAuntDEB

Anonymous said...

Come on you guys, haven't you ever gutted a deer?

Pa

Unknown said...

as you describe her... she was probably trying to figure out what was inside a maxi pad... hahahaha.. who knows???

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like one of those nylon kitchen spongee things with either suds or egg in it.
--kcircle

debi9kids said...

The underside of your carpet after cleaning the playdough off?

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

It looks like those gauze panties they give you at the hospital after having a baby. And the white foam is the stuff you spray on the pad.
Am I in the ballpark??

drmacab97 said...

Pa, you crack me up!!! lol

cmcguck said...

Right on Anita! I agree with you, but I just didn't want to say it. The background of the picture looks like a maxi pad.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was poly fluff...the stuff you stuff pillows with when you're sewing.

Anonymous said...

Cotton you found up her nose...Leslie