3/29/08

Coffee Ramblings

Before I begin...My wonderful, awesome, amazing husband took my girl for a couple of hours to one of the Youth Kid's baseball games. Now what makes this more amazing is that our girl is struggling this morning. She didn't go to bed until 11:30 and has this cough/cold thing going on again and mixed with her, shall we say tempermental personality, at this point in her life, has made for some interesting moments. So the fact that he took her with him to the game and then she will come home for a nap...Well, let's just give him the Saturday Father award today. :)

Since she is gone at the moment I thought I would share some of my innermost thoughts...on coffee. Yep, we're going to get deep here people. I just want to confess/share/lay it out there, that I have a coffee addiction. I have tried to go to coffee annonymous meetings but they meet at Starbucks and my sponsor was a barista so it really was to no avail. I'm a social coffee drinker, a morning coffee drinker and a sit down during nap time coffee drinker. I have serious withdrawls (well, really bad headaches) when I cut back or quit.


It all started back in college. I had grown up with my Dad being a coffee drinker but I wasn't allowed to drink it. Because you know, back then the way they made coffee stunted your growth or something. So I didn't really start drinking it until college--because I'm such a rebel like that. I started working an office job and started hanging out with my Youth Minister's wife (whom I love and miss) from my home church. Both of which got me hooked on coffee. Through the years I have been a one cup drinker, whole pot drinker, a recovering drinker, an expresso drinker, you name it. At this point, I am a way too much drinker but not at the whole pot stage. You know, in case you were wondering.

My new favorite brand is Boston Stoker which is sold around here. It is yummy and soooo smooth. Love it.

I know I have an addiction for the following reasons:
-I wake up in the morning thinking about grinding some coffee beans.

-I get excited to open the package for the first time and smell that amazing smell.

-I get excited when I make a new friend who likes coffee

-A new local starbucks being built is a highlight for me.

-And finally, the reason which prompted me to write this post, and I hate to put this down in writing, but I have to tell a little story about yesterday... I put my girl down for her nap and made my usual cup for this time. I had forgotten that we were completely out of milk or half and half which I always put in my coffee. The only milk type substance that could be found was a little container of Weight Watchers Ice Cream that has been in there for about 2 months. It was chocolate with Brownie Chunks. And yep, I put it in my coffee. And it actually wasn't bad!



So see, I have a problem, but its one I think I can live with.



PS. Don't forget about my little contest down below! See what my girl has been up to!

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

LOL! Hi. My name is Debi and I am addicted to coffee.
I drink WaWa coffee. It's a local convienence store in the N. east and OMG the BEST English Toffee flavored coffee EVER.
Opps! Drooled a little...

drmacab97 said...

I don't like coffee but is it possible to be addicted to caffeine free pepsi? :)